12 Health + Wellness Gift Ideas
Need gift ideas for the health-conscious people in your life? Look no further! We rounded up a dozen great gifts to help improve your loved one’s health and wellness in 2020.
1. New Shoes. If you have a runner on your list this year, why not gift a new pair of shoes? Experts say running shoes should be replaced every 300-500 miles, so chances are they will be due for some new shoes soon.
2. Activity Tracker. These are popular with active individuals because you can track steps, mileage, heart rate, sleep, and more.
3. Activewear. Help your loved one stock up on quality, sweat-wicking, and breathable clothing to wear during workouts. Remember, for exercise, stick to synthetics – because “cotton is rotten.”
4. Insulated water bottle. Adequate water intake is so vital for everyone, which makes this an excellent gift for anyone on your list.
5. Subscription to a meal delivery service. This is especially helpful to those who don’t like to cook or don’t have time to cook healthy meals for themselves.
6. Weighted blanket. Experts claim these simple covers can help reduce anxiety and stress.
7. Aromatherapy oils. These have been shown to help people relax. But be sure to tell your loved one to check with a healthcare provider before applying or breathing in any essential oil.
8. Blue light glasses. Staring at digital screens is detrimental to our eyes and our health. These types of glasses block out the harmful blue light that is emitted from computer screens, phones, tablets, and TV’s – plus, they make an awesome stocking stuffer.
9. Ergonomic backpack. If you have a student on your list or anyone who travels frequently, consider gifting a backpack that’s made to be easy on the body. An ergonomic backpack will help distribute the weight of the contents more evenly and help improve posture.
10. Gift certificate to try a new class. Yoga and Tai Chi are both great beginner-type workouts that anyone can try, and they help reinforce optimal breathing and relaxation techniques.
11. Bluetooth headset. Office workers or anyone who’s on their phone a lot could benefit from this gift. It’ll help free up their hands and deter them from cradling a phone between their shoulder and ear, which strains the neck.
12. Ergonomic pillow. Look for a supportive pillow that promotes proper neck posture and doesn’t leave the neck and shoulders stiff in the morning. Many commercially available
ergonomic pillows fit that bill. If you have questions, check with our office. We’ll be happy to make a custom recommendation.
Improved health is one of the best gifts you can give. If you’re still stumped for ideas,
consider a gift certificate for a chiropractic adjustment. It’s a gift that anyone with a spine can appreciate! Happy Holidays from all of us at the Cantrell Chiropractic Inc!